ITA is unable to connect with VRM. Following desktop status is showed when logging in to the FusionAccess portal:
Access the ITA windows server machine and open the cmd. Type the command “ipconfig /all”. Following is the result:
Desired IP address is set to “Duplicate” and a new autoconfiguration IPv4 address is set as the preferred IP address of the server.
Version information: FusionCompute V100R003C10SPC600, FusionAccess V100R005C10SPC200, Windows server 2008 R2
1. Go to the regedit.exe:
2.Disable APIPA on All but One Network Adapter
3.Use Registry Editor to create the following registry key, where <var>adapter name</var> is the name of the Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) configured adapter where you want to disable APIPA:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\ Services\Tcpip\Parameters\Interfaces\<var>adapter name</var>
4. Add the following value to this key:
Value name: IPAutoconfigurationEnabled
Value type: REG_DWORD
Value in hexadecimal: 0 (A value of 0 disables APIPA support on this adapter)
NOTE: If the IPAutoconfigurationEnabled entry is not present, a default value of 1 is assumed, which indicates that APIPA is enabled.
5. After you make this change, restart your computer.
After the procedure has been completed successfully, the auto configuration IP is gone but the static IP set is still unusable as it still termed as duplicate by the windows OS.
Here’s how to set the duplicate IP as the preferred IP:
1.Go to the regedit.exe:
2. Locate this registry key:
3. New, and click DWORD Value
4. Type ArpRetryCount
5. Right-click the ArpRetryCount registry entry and click Modify. In the Value box, type 0 and click OK
6. Shut down the VM and start it again. Check the IP address of the NIC, the static IP should be set to preferred.