Step 1 Check whether the browser settings comply with the standards. On Windows, the default browser needs to be Microsoft Internet Explorer; on Solaris, the default browser needs to be Mozilla browser.
Step 2 Check the version of Microsoft Internet Explorer on Windows. If the security level of Microsoft Internet Explorer is set to high, the running of scripts is affected and the GUI becomes grayed out. To make the GUI display normally, you need to set the security level of the Internet Explorer to Medium or a lower level. In the Windows 2003 OS, the function of Internet Explorer enhanced security settings is installed by default. This function results causes the security level to remain high. Therefore, you need to cancel the function as follows:
1. Choose Start > Control Panel. The Control Panel dialog box is displayed.
2. Double-click the Add or Remove Programs icon. The Add or Remove Programs dialog box is displayed.
3. Click the Add/Remove Windows Components icon. The Windows Components Wizard.
4. Clear the selection of the check box to the left of Internet Explorer Enhanced Security Configuration.
By default, the check box is selected, which indicates that the security level of the Microsoft Internet Explorer is high.
5. Click Next.
6. Click Finish.
7. Double-click the Internet Explorer icon on the desktop to open the Microsoft Internet Explorer.
8. Choose Tool > Internet Options.
9. In the Internet Options dialog box, select Security. Then, set the security level of Internet Explorer to Medium or a lower level.
10. Click Apply.
11. Click OK.
Step 3 Check whether Microsoft Internet Explorer is configured with the proxy server. If Microsoft Internet Explorer is configured with the proxy server, cancel the proxy server or disable the connection to the VSM server through the proxy server.
Step 4 Check the installation directory of the VSM client. The directory name contains only the letters, numbers, and underscores (_) and cannot contain the space or bracket.