Obtain the server ESN using the ESN tool on the VSM.
The following procedure applies to the initial VSM installation.
1. Double-click esn.exe
in the \engineering\tool
folder on the installation CD-ROM or in the extracted software package.
The network adapters of the server are listed in HuaweiSymantec GetESN Tool
2. In the list of the network adapters, right-click the network adapter labeled as
, choose Enable
When you install the VSM server, specify the IP address of a network adapter as the IP address of the NMS. It is recommended that you make a network plan in advance and ensure that the specified network adapter is enabled.
3. Click Get ESN
to get the ESNs of the server.
4. Click Copy
, ESNs are copied to the clipboard.
5. Create a .txt file, paste the ESN in the file, and save the file.
l After installing the VSM, obtain the ESN through the VSM client interface.
This also applies to network upgrade or expansion.
1. Log in to the server through a VSM client.
2. On the main menu, choose Help
> License Management
> License Information
3. In the displayed License Information
window, click Server ID
In the Server ID
dialog box, the server ESN is displayed in Local Host ID