Certain or all components of the TMS server fail to be started, which causes that the TMS server cannot be normally used.
• If the TMS server fails to be started because the TMS server is not installed or installed unsuccessfully, you need to check whether the installation information is complete at five key paths.
The five key positions are the desktop shortcut, the Start menu, Add or Remove Programs, installation directory, and registry.
1. Check whether the shortcut of the TMS (server) application is on the desktop.
2. Choose Start > Programs. Check whether Oceanspace industry video monitoring solution V100R002C01 > TMS professional(server) > TMS (server)exist.
3. Access the Add or Remove Programs page on the control panel, and check whether the installation information about the professional TMS software (server) exists.
4. Check whether the installation directory of the TMS server exists.
The installation directory can be customized by users. Therefore, you need to check the actual installation directory. The default installation directory is C:\Program Files\Huaweisymentec Technologies\TMS_Server\TMS_Server.exe. You can quickly find the installation directory of the TMS server by choosing Properties > Target after right-clicking the shortcut icon on the desktop or on the Start menu.
5. Choose Start > Run, and then enter regedit to check whether TMS_Server_HS.exe exists in HKEY_Local_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run.
• If the TMS server fails to run because that the files in the installation directory of the TMS server are removed or renamed, you need to check whether the files in the installation directory of the TMS server exist and have correct names.
The name of the main program in the installation directory is TMS_Server.exe. You also need to check whether the program name that the shortcut points to is TMS_Server.exe.
1. Access the installation directory of the TMS server, check whether the main program exists and the name of the main program is correct.
2. Check whether the shortcut can be correctly linked and run the program, and the program name is correct.
Possible causes for that the TMS server fails to run are as follows:
• The TMS server is not installed or installed unsuccessfully.
• Files in the installation directory of the TMS server are removed or renamed.
In addition to the preceding subjective causes, the TMS server may also fail to be started related to the environment caused by an external reason, for example, viruses and firewall interception. When faults occur, however, you need to find subjective causes first.