In the scenario where the SQL Server database is reused.
A message is displayed indicating the failure to connect to the SQL Server database as the sa user during VSM installation.
1. Ensure that the NIC of the server is up.
2. Stop the SQL Server service.
3. Delete the files in the server\common\toolkit\server\ftpoption folder.
4. Choose Start > All Programs > Microsoft SQL Server > Query Analyzer to start the SQL Server query analyzer. In the Connect to SQL Server dialog box, set related parameters as follows:
5. Set SQL Server to the IP address of the local PC.
6. Select the Start SQL Server if it is stopped check box.
7. Enter the password of the sa user in the Password text box. Then, click OK. Check whether the SQL Server service is started.
If connection to the SQL Server database fails, check whether the database password is correct.
8. If connection to the SQL server database succeeds, run the isql command in the CLI to test the connection.
Open a command line window in the operating system and enter the isql command:
where VSMSERVER is the name of the database server, sa the user name, xxx the password. If the following message is displayed, you have logged in to the database server, which means that the database has been successfully installed.
Enter quit to exit the program.
The network adapter of the server is down.
The password of the sa user is incorrect.
The local database service is not started.
The database version is earlier than 8.00.2039.