When try to use fully qualified domain name (FQDN) to add the client computer to the Windows 2003 domain, after key in account user name and password having the permission to add the domain, you may receive one of the following error message:
Add domain "* * *. com" appeared the following error:
Unable to access the network position. Relevant network debugging information, please refer to the Windows help
And when you try to use NetBIOS domain name to add domain, you succeed.
To solve this problem, please start TCP/IP NetBIOS support services, and then add in the domain. Need start NetBIOS support service, please follow the following steps operation:
1. Use with administrator privileges account login to login client.
2. Click "start", click "run", key in services.msc in " open" box, and then click "ok".
3. In the Service list, double-click the TCP/IP NetBIOS Helper Service;
4. In the "start type" list, click the "automatic", and then click "apply".
5. In the "service status", click "start" to start TCP/IP NetBIOS support service.
6. After the start the service, please click "ok", and then exit the "service" management unit.
If TCP/IP NetBIOS Helper Service (TCP/IP NetBIOS support Service. The same below) does not operate on the client computer, may appear this problem.
When terminal add to the AD domain, "TCP/IP NetBIOS Helper Service" service need deal with running status.