Getting no visibility of remote GTC in GSM BSC (V900R014C00SPH556) LMT due to Ater OM link down.
1. ALM-20261 Ater OML Faulty
2. ALM-20246 Ater RSL Faulty
Consequently, the following procedures were undertaken as handling process
after defining the Ater connection path, Ater O&M link, and Ater Signaling link not being able to connect to GTC subracks through BSC LMT , Consequently, the following procedures were undertaken as handling process:
1. Reset the GTC subrack manually through the local engineer. There was no improvement.
2. Redefining the Ater links to ensure no mistake in link definition and brought no change in the situation of remote GTC visibility.
3. Check the dipswitches of the remote GTC subrack, the order of dipswitches was according to the document. But still no OM link up.
4. Ask local engineer to disarrange the order of subrack dipswitches and rearrange them again based on the document. This time the alarms related to the links of Ater interface cleard; in result the visibility of GTC in BSC LMT became ok.
Possible causes are as follows:
1. the remote GTC cabinet is not powered on
2. the dip switches of remote GTC subrack is not consistent with the subrack number configured from BSC side
3. the physical link between BSC and remote GTC may be faulty
Suggestions and summary: it is possible that the dipswitches of a BSC subrack be unset even it seems set correctly, or the dipswitch is remained in the middle between on and off statuses.