• Linux has been installed.
• Communication is normal between the PC and the maintenance port eth0 on the server. The eth0 port is protected by a security mechanism.
• The PuTTY tool of the latest version has been downloaded to the PC from http://support.huawei.com.
The Telnet rights of the root user are disabled by default. If the root user logs in to the server over Telnet, the information login fails will be displayed.
1) Double-click PuTTY.exe
in the folder where the PuTTY software is stored. The figure shown in Figure 1 is displayed.
Figure 1 PuTTY configuration
2) (Optional) To configure the PuTTY to record operation logs, choose Session > Logging from the navigation tree. In the Session logging pane, select Printable output, and specify a storage path for operation logs under Log file name, as shown in Figure 2.
Figure 2 PuTTY configuration
3) Choose Session from the navigation tree. In the displayed pane on the right, select SSH, enter IP address of the server in Host Name(or IP Address), and click Open.
If you log in to the server for the first time, the information shown in the following figure will be displayed. Click Yes.
Figure 3 PuTTY security alert
4) Enter the user name root and the password as prompted.
login as: root
Using keyboard-interactive authentication.
Last login: Sun May 10 13:02:28 2009 from osssvr