User says he cannot connect to 155/622H equipment using crossover cable.
User cannot login using Navigator
NE IP is 18.104.22.168, and ID is 508.
IP of the computer is 22.214.171.124
1. PING NE IP, cannot PING.
2. PING the computer IP; successful.
3. Reset SCC and login again; cannot login.
4. Change NE ID to 1; login successful.
5. Change back to 508; cannot login. Change ID to 509; cannot login either.
6. Check subnet mask of the computer; it is 255.255.255.0. IP addresses of NE and the computer do not belong to the same subnet. Subnet mask is changed to 255.255.0.0 and then the problem is solved.
Error in subnet mask settings on user? computer