For current network applications, some need load-balance for IP packets. for example, SIG application. SIG could only receive a traffic of 1GE, so it needs to use NE80E to receive the traffic (10GE) from the egress interface of MAN, and then transform it into ten 1GE interface for transmission, and then SIG. How to perform such a configuration at NE80E?
Configure NE80E as follows:
1. Configuration of egress port (group):
port-group port-groupname interface interfacename peer-ip X.X.X.X
2. In current version, it needs to configure static arp entries for address of the peer, and the MAC address could be defined by yourself, as follows:
arp static 184.108.40.206 0000-0000-0001
3. Configurations based on traffic beheavor of port-group
a. Define a behavior:
traffic behavior behavior�name
b.Set the action in behavior
In beheavior view:
redirect port-group port-groupname hash-type [0-4]
hash-type has five types:
0: Perform HASH according to destination and source IP
1: Diagnosis mode it is suggested to use with help from Huawei engineers
2: Perform HASH according to packet, and average the packets to egress ports.
3: Perform HASH according to source IP
4: Perform HASH according to destination IP
4. Configuration of traffic class
For this part, see the configuration of ACL.
5. Configuration of traffic policy
For more, see the ACL section.
6. Apply the policy to ingress interface, and the timer hold of interface should be set to 0.
HASH could help realize the target above as to balance the output of traffic at average. For example, the traffic input from one 10GE port is output over ten 1GE ports at average.
For configuration instances, see the attachment.