Version: NE80 VRP3.10-0426SP03
Description: Services under NE80 do not communicate, and the customer reset the NE80; however, partial configurations are lost after reset, and part of services fail.
1. Instruct the customer to restore the configurations of uplink interface and telnet.
2. Telnet to the equipment to check the files of active (as standby originally) and standby boards; it is found that the date of configuration file vrpcfg.zip on the current active unit is some months ago, and the date of configuration file on standby unit is recent.
3. Try to save the current configuations, and it prompts as follows: Error save current configuration to Flash unsuccessfully, indicating that the configurations cannot back up to FLASH. So FLASH may be problematic.
4. Execute slave switchover to ensure that configurations could be saved normally by using the recent configuration.
5. Prepare a standby part for on-site replacement of standby MPU. Save the configuation after replacement and compare if the configuration files in FLASH of both active and standby units are consistent.
After reset of equipment, the active MPU turns to standby, and the original standby turns to active. For lost configuration, it may be caused by that problematic standby unit cannot synchronize the backup configurations to the active.
1. It is not recommended to reset the equipment once problem occurs to network; if necessary, it would better to backup relevant configurations before reset.
2. It will not prompt failure if configurations saved on NE80 are not synchronized to standby MPU. It is advisable to check if the configuration files for MPU and standby are consistent.