In general Heat Dissipation is very important parameters for new deployments specially for high end equipments, in this case proper air-condition design has to be done to prevent any future damage for the equipments, in this case Huawei Engineer supposed to provide customer representative with Huawei equipments heat dissipation values.
In case A/C is not enough, Devices will be over heated who lead to improper attitude of system or even complete node failure.
How to calculate Heat Dissipation
1.Minimum Heat Dissipation = 0.1*Power Consumption
2. Maximum Heat Dissipation =0.2*Power Consumption
How to calculate Power Consumption
We have to ways,
1. From lookup tables (incase of using default configuration or empty chassis)
2. From the following equation,
Power Consumption = Sum (all LPU Boards) + (2*MPU + 4*SFU+ 2*FAN)
= Sum (all LPU Boards) + 1000
- Power Consumption of the device = Sum(Power Consumption of all boards)
- For 2MPU, 4SFU Chassis & Fan&LCD Modules consumes almost 1000 Watt
Redundant NE40E with 2* [1-Port OC-192c/STM-64 POS(1550nm,40km,LC）]& 4* [4-Port OC-48c/STM-16 POS]
So, Power consumption can be calculated as
Pc = 2*200 + 4*200 + 1000 = 2200 Watt
High end devices generated a lot of heat (almost 10~20% of used Power), which warm the environment & without enough A/C overheating problem will start.
This calculation method is very important; I suggest publishing it to all TSD engineers.