Description: Two NE40 enables Trunk aggregation with five MB optical interfaces and in the intermediate OSPF is run. It is found that NE40－1 cannot ping NE40－2 but can ping loopback address of opposite side. OSPF PEER can be set up.
1. OSPF can be set up and opposite loopback address can be pinged. The interconnected logical link is not problematic. It is doubted that one physical link is problematic because having link bundling with five links.
2. Check optical bundling interface of two NE40, and it is found that one optical interface is down, but interconnected one on NE40－1 is up.
3. Check optical module of the port on NE40-1. It lights and NE40-2 cannot receive it.
4. Shutdown problematic port on NE40-1 and it is no problematic.
1. According to the principle of link aggregation, have HASH algorithm with source IP and destination IP and calculate one outbound port before sending data packet; send the packet from this port. NE40-1 port is UP and this port is not deleted from aggregation group. NE40 passes the port when pinging opposite interface. The port is down and packets are dropped.
2. When pinging LOOPBACK, the source IP and destination IP are different. The outbound port is different and can be pinged.
3. OSPF can be set up. The reason is that multicast packet is sent from master port of aggregation group.
1. The interconnected optical interface of Ethernet is down and another port maybe not down. Whether the optical interface or not is based on receiving light .
2. Notice the load balance of link aggregation.