The network sheme is simple (see details in Drawing2 file attached):
Stream server--access-->([eth2/0/2, vlan102] NE40[gig1/0/2, vlan902])--trunk-->backbone node
Multicast traffic initiated at the stream server enters NE40 through Fast Ethernet port 2/0/2 in 102 vlan. Then the multicast stream is expected to go out the Gigabit Ethernet 1/0/2 port towards backbone node for spreading within another AS. But the traffic isn’t observed at the uplink port in spite of all multicast-routing configuration is performed.
1. NE40 had the following data configured:
ip address 10.0.0.2 255.255.255.0
ip address 10.1.0.1 255.255.255.252
port default vlan 102
undo negotiation auto
port trunk allow-pass vlan 901 to 903 906 to 907
igmp host-join bridge 18.104.22.168 vlan 902
igmp host-join bridge 22.214.171.124 vlan 902
igmp host-join bridge 126.96.36.199 vlan 902
igmp host-join bridge 188.8.131.52 vlan 902
igmp host-join bridge 184.108.40.206 vlan 902
igmp host-join bridge 220.127.116.11 vlan 902
igmp host-join bridge 18.104.22.168 vlan 902
igmp host-join bridge 22.214.171.124 vlan 902
igmp host-join bridge 126.96.36.199 vlan 902
igmp host-join bridge 188.8.131.52 vlan 902
igmp host-join bridge 184.108.40.206 vlan 902
igmp host-join bridge 220.127.116.11 vlan 902
(See full configuration file cfg2_multicast isnt transmitted.txt for details).
2. All configuration seemd to be correct. Besides we could see that PIM-DM protocol is working normallly (see log2.txt)
But in spite of correct performance of PIM-DM protocol multicast packets were not forwarded anyway.
3. It then was discovered that there was function of binding vlan-interface to one of the L2 ethernet or gigabit-Ethernet port in the router. The function named property routing is used to explicitly set what physical L2 port will be used as outgoing interface when forwarding IP packets at vlan-interface.
4. With this feature enabled on vlan-interfaces 102 and 902 multicast traffic started to be forwarded to uplink normally (see file with correct configuration NE40-4_cfg_FINAL_working.txt for details).
1. Checked all multicast and igmp configuration - all correct.
2. Tried to delete and configure multicast anew - fruitlessly.
Always use property routing feature when configuring multicast routing protocols. Be aware that only one L2 port can be configured with vlan which has property-routing feature enabled. Consider this while constructing your network topology.