In some IDC project, it deploy device load, interface traffic of NE40 through N2000DMS network managment. When enabling performance collection, network managment fails and indicates probe timeout.
Network managment alarm and probe timeout.
According to the analysis, check it with the following steps:
1. Collect version information of the device and confirm that the version supports performance collection.
2. Re-install probe and configure and it is still problematic.
3. Check device configuration and there is the following configuration:
hwping-server udpecho 10.96.10.2 9000
Configured 10.96.10.2 is not IP address of the addition in N2000DMS network management.
4. Delete these three configuration. Re-add starting device in network managment , performance collection succeeds.
For such problem, locate it from two factors:
1. Network managemnt prompts probe timeout, the probe deployment may be problematic.
2. The software version and configuration of NE40 is problematic.