NE40-8 router－－－－S6506 switch－－O/E Converter －－S6503 switch－－－－user's PC |
User's PC terminates on NE40. It connects VPN-INSTANCE through NE40. User's PC cannot ping through gateway interface address of NE40.
1. Check configuration on NE40 and it is correct.
2. Test PC on S6506 switch and it is in the same VLAN with users. User's PC and test PC ping mutually and they can be pinged. L2 transparent transmission of lower layer network is not problematic. Test PC ping gateway interface on NE40 and it can be pinged.
3. There is O/E converter between S6506 and S6503. O/E converter can result in much problem. Replace O/E converter and VPN users are normal. User's PC can ping through gateway interface of NE40.
1. Lower layer network does not transparently transmit the packet to NE40.
2. NE40 configuration is problematic.
When there is problem in the network and it is hard to locate.consider whether transmission medium is problematic or not.