1. Version information
14 NE40s form AS 65124 and enable MPLS L3VPN service. Six J devices form another AS 24128 and enable MPLS L3VPN service. Two NE40s and two J devices cross the domain with Option-B.
Parts of private network users at NE40 cannot be reachable and it is normal at J device.
1. Check MPLS L3VPN configuration and notice import and export information of RT of problematic users. Check whether BGP configuration filters route of private network or not. Check whether there is ACL on bound VRF interface. If there is problem, change it.
2. Check private network route. disp ip route vpna (instance) whether there is matching private network route of each VRF routing table or not. Whether the next-hop is correct or not. If route of private network is lost, check further reason.
3. If step two is no problem, check whether there is label information of next-hop in public network.
4. If step 3 is no problem, check which node the packet is discarded with traceroute.
5. Confirm which node the packet is discarded, ping opposite CE users:
ping -vpn vpna -c 10000 -t 10 -m 10 X.X.X.X
use diagnosis command at loss node: disp efu couter slot_num discard
Check loss information and it is found that mpls label lookup fail has much statistics. It is caused by label check failure. Check private network route and there are more than 14,000 lists. NE40 private network label specification is 10k and it exceeds specification.
1. Check device configuration and analyze users' configuration.
2. Check the route and whether there is loop or not.
3. Check on which node the packets were discarded with Traceroute.
4. Check the node on which the packets were discarded and reasons with diagnostic command.