Two UMG device uplinks to two NE40s. Two NE40s enable VRRP through L2 link. Master link of UMG connects master NE40 of VRRP. UMG service is abnormal. Master NE40 pings UMG and there is no loss. Backup NE40 pings UNG. Sometimes it can be pinged and sometimes there is loss.
1. Check VRRP state and it is normal. Other VRRP users are normal.
2. Check the link between two NE40s. Two NE40s can be pinged and there is no loss.
3. After master/slave switchover of UMG. Backup NE40 can ping UMG. When master NE40 pings UMG, there is loss. There is problem when NE40 learns UMG MAC address.
4. Check ARP table on NE40 and MAC address of two UMG devices is the same.
[xyzxj_ccr1_ne40]disp arp bridge
Vlan IpAddress Mac_Address Type Interface
103 10.64.19.17 00e0-fc2a-6a5b Dynamic GigabitEthernet1/0/3
101 10.64.19.19 00e0-fc2a-6a5b Dynamic GigabitEthernet2/0/0
5. Change MAC address at UMG and the problem is solved.
1. NE40 at VRRP MASTER is normal and there is no loss at BACKUP. It is possible that the handling of VRRP is abnormal.
2. L2 link between NE40s is problematic.
3. UMG is problematic.
MAC address of UMG can be changed. MAC address conflict maybe occur.