multicast source is composed by 40 servers which are in same LAN segment.
1. 20 servers are connected to switch1 then to router1.
2. other 20 are connected to switch2 then to router2.
3. The two routers are connected to one Bas MA5200G so multicast trrafic is incoming to a bas on two interfaces before being delivered to a bearer network. On the bas we can get just the trrafic from the first router; bas dont get the trrafic from second router
when display multicast on forwarding on BAS their is just the first 20 channels comming from router 1
should understand the pim protocol:
a router established multicast routing table depending on unicast routing tabel. two conditions are required.
1. bas should have unicast route to multicast servers network.
2. the interface mentioned by this route should be the same as multicast input trrafic
in our case, bas has two interfaces for incoming multicast ,one is connected to router 1, seconde to router2, the route to multicast network is incoming1
we ensure that configuration on both routers are correct. The two routers can get channels and send it to the bas
if the router receive multicast on some interface wich is not outgoing interface for the source mentioned by unicast routing, router will drop the packets. So, on bas, we need add other route to the multicast source network or change the network plane and divide the network source to 2 networks and configuer unicast routing again