NE40 connects N2000DMS network management server through service network. On network management N2000DMS backups configuration of NE40 to TFTP server (TFTP server and N2000DMS are indtalled on the same server.) through TFTP. It fails.
Network management indicates the execution fails.
1. N2000DMS can ping the device, but NE40 cannot ping network management server. Check N2000DMS configuration. It is found that N2000DMS adds the device with loopback address. Ping command of N2000DMS checks loopback address of NE40. NE40 designates source address as loopback address and it can ping network management server.
2. Through further analysis the source address of ping command on NE40 is interface address. The source address of TFTP command is also interface address. It is doubted that the network limits the access from interface address to network management server.
3. Check each device. ACL configuration of one firewall is problematic. It permits the access from loopback address of NE40 to network management server.
4. Change ACL of the configuration and execute again. The backup succeeds.
1. The continuity from the device to TFTP server is problematic.
2. UDP69 is filtered.
The source address of TFTP command on NE40 is interface address. Notice the point.