How do NE5000E&NE80E&NE40E load program for blank CFCARD through BootRom?
1. When the board is initialized, press CTRL+B and enter into bootrom menu The default password is 8090.
2. Enter into bootrom menu, choose "4" and enter into eth interface sub-menu.
3. Choose "3" in eth sub-menu and change Ethernet interface parameter:
The parameter is as follows:
'.' = clear field; '-' = go to previous field; ^D = quit
boot device : mgi0 ←Etherent device name
processor number : 0
host name : host
file name : vxWorks.st ←filename on the host
inet on ethernet (e) : 192.168.0.90 ←IP address of MPU board
inet on backplane (b):
host inet (h) : 192.168.0.91 ←IP address of the host
gateway inet (g) :
user (u) : mpua ←FTP username (It should be 8090. Check how the host is configured.)
ftp password (pw) (blank = use rsh): mpua ←FTP password
flags (f) : 0x0 ←file transmission type
target name (tn) :
startup script (s) :
4. Change Ethernet interface and then choose "2" to load program in cfcard.
5. Return bootrom menu and choose "8" to check whether the size of file in cfcard is consistent with that of source file.
6. Choose "10" reboot board and start the board with loaded program.
For loading program through bootrom, it only supports two routers. It does not support loading file on PC. Generally 8090 product is dual MPU. Another registered board can be used as FTP server.