It is required by PTCL to implement NMS network for PTCL HCTE network that comprise of a number of HCTE.
All HCTE's are planned to connect to Islamabad HCTE via router connected to DTU's present on both end.
After all the connectivty was completed and DTU shown sync on both side when I tried to PING ISlamabad
router from Faisalabad Router the request time out appears
Request time out
1. I tried to PING ISlamabad Router form FSD(My location) Router and found that time out occurs, but ENgineer
in ISLAMABAD reported that after Sync of DTU's he can access my DTU and router ????Showing that some thing is
wrong with my router routing table.I then tried to ping Faisalabad BAM from FSD Router and found that
PING is successful so proving that routing to outside network has some problem.
2. IP interface statistics are negotiated
Serial0 current state:up, line protocol current state:up a E1/T1/E3/T3 entry
The Maximum Transmit Unit is 1500Copy config or system fil
Internet Address is 188.8.131.52(30)
physical layer is synchronous Enable system debugging functi
interface is DTE, clock is DTECLK1, cable type is V35
delete Erase the configuration fi
Link-protocol is PPP
LCP opened, IPCP opened, IPXCP initial, CCP init Define DHC
download Download a save
After negotiating with engineer on other side I is confirmed that interface characteristics are same on both
sides.MTU 1500, V35,Internet Address is 184.108.40.206(30)
3. Baud rate was negotiated on both sides it was found the same 128K circuit on both sides after negotiating
with DXS and media persons.
4. To check if BER has some problem It was found that Serial and IP Interface was up on both sides so Media
is not the iisue
2. [Fsd_HCTE_Router]display cu
5. I then tried to find out routing table on My(Faisalabad side)
Destination/Mask Proto Pref Metric Nexthop Interface Remote bridge information
127.0.0.0/8 Direct 0 0 127.0.0.1 LoopBack0
127.0.0.1/32 Direct 0 0 127.0.0.1 LoopBack0
220.127.116.11/30 Direct 0 0 18.104.22.168 Seria
192.168.1.48/28 Direct 0 0 127.0.0.1 LoopBack0
The defaulkt routing table showed that there is default route configured but routing to outside network not
done prpoerly so It was decided to add a static route to destination ROuter.
[Fsd_HCTE_Router]ip route-static 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 22.214.171.124
After this I tried to PING the destination network router and this time it worked alright and I were able
to access Islamabad ROuter for NMS connectivity
1. Router on end-A or end-B has problem
2. IP interface statistics is not negotiated properly
3. Baud rate (bit rate throughput) is not negotiated properly
4. Twisted pair used by DTU had High BER.
5. Routing table is not configured properly
Define static routes if default routing plan not work or if th network has a specific gateway