How do NE5000E&NE80E&NE40E load program for blank CFCARD through BootRom?
1. When the board is initialized, press CTRL+B and enter into bootrom menu. Default password is 8090.
2. Enter into bootrom menu and choose "4" to enter into eth interface sub-menu.
3. Choose "3" in eth sub-menu and change Ethernet interface parameter.
the parameters are as follows:
'.' = clear field; '-' = go to previous field; ^D = quit
boot device : mgi0 ←Ethernet device name
processor number : 0
host name : host
file name : vxWorks.st ←file name on the host
inet on ethernet (e) : 192.168.0.90 ←IP address of MPU board
inet on backplane (b):
host inet (h) : 192.168.0.91 ←IP address of the host
gateway inet (g) :
user (u) : mpua ←FTP username (it shoud be 8090 and the keypoint is how the host configures)
ftp password (pw) (blank = use rsh): mpua
flags (f) : 0x0 ←transmission type of the file
target name (tn) :
startup script (s) :
4. Change Ethernet interface parameters and choose "2" to load the program in cfcard.
5. After the program has been loaded, return to bootrom menu and choose "8" to check whether file size in cfcard is consistent with source file or not.
6. Choose "10" reboot and start the board with loaded program.
Loading program through bootrom only supports two routers and does not support loading the file from PC. Generally 8090 product is dual-MPU and another registered board can be used for FTP server.