NE40 as international gateway exchange is popular. BGP route support amount should be noticed. Different main control boards and memory support different amounts.
1. The deployment of NE40 should comply with the specification and calculation above and it should be properly planned. Balance BGP routes to different NE40s to avoid overload of one NE40. Remaining ones should be reserved for route flapping (200,000 routes at least).
2. Do not use many low-speed links to build EBGP neighbor. It is suggested to use FE, GE or POS with high bandwidth.
1. SRUB and 1G memory can support the maximum of one million BGP routes.
2. SRUE and 2G memory can support the maximum of 1.8 million BGP routes.
3. EBGP routes calcualted in NE40 VRP5.30-0238.03 version: If one NE40 uses many links to build EBGP neighbor with the peer and MP is not used (each interface matches one IP address), NE40 will learn many routes.
4. IBGP routes calculated in NE40 VRP5.30-0238.03 version: one NE40 builds several IBGP neighbors with other devices logically, and it will learn several routes. ( even there is only one physical link between NE40 and other devices)
5. RR rotues calculated in NE40 VRP5.30-0238.03 version: if one NE40 acts as RR, it will learn several routes when there are several clients.