New LPUF � E2GFF failed to register to NE40. However, the existing LPUF boards still running and able to register normally.
1. First we suspect that LPUF-E2GFF may be faulty, however after we test insert other new LPUFs, the result still failed to register.
2. Then we check again and found that bootrom version on LPUF may not match with current VRP3.1 on NE40 since new LPUF is prepared for VRP5. So, on the node test, we test downgrade bootrom on LPUF to be able using with VRP3.1. The LPU board can registered normally on node test. Unfortunately, on live network NE40 still unable to register the LPUF boards.
3. We went onsite again and check version, physical frame NE40, SRU status (both master and slave), and switchover state. All items as mention are OK.
4. However, we found that when use command “cd” to check directory, it failed to show hd location on SRU master. Moreover, when check the files under flash:/ compare with slot5#flash:/, there are missing files on master sru (configure file and patch file).
5. Because SRU master suspected to be error. We test to replace master SRU. After new SRU already Realtime backup with slave board, new LPUF is inserted to test again. This time, new LPUF-E2GFFs can be registered normal.
Since the LPUF can not be registered. The problem might happen because of the following.
1) LPUF board faulty.
2) Bootrom version on LPUF mismatch.
3) Physical NE40 frame such as pin, slot is not into the correct alignment.
4) SRU board has the problem.
Before insert any LPU board, please make sure that SRU boards are working normal and able to access hard disk without any problem. Otherwise new boards may fail to register.