IPMA board can not connect to BRAS due to transmission link problem. Physical link connectivity is OK and port status is online.
BRAS can not be accessed and all subscriber services are broken
Service connectivity is as follows
UA5000 (IPMA) --> EFS board, FE port (Metro1000 SDH) --> EFS board (Metro3000) --> EGS2 board, GE port (Metro5000) --> BRAS (GE port)
1. Check the cable connection between UA5000 and Metro1000 SDH. Found OK.
2. Check the configuration of UA5000. Found OK.
3. Check the port status of UA5000. Observed Normal.
4. Connect the laptop to EFS untagged port and assign unused IP address from pool of Management VLAN, perform PING test to check if UA5000 can be accessed or not. Found OK.
5. Using the laptop and same IP address, perform PING test to check if BRAS gateway can be accessed or not. Found faulty.
6. Inform transmission engineer to check the configuration of transmission
Problem restored after the fault in transmission was rectified.
Testsed the EFS board on Metro1000 transmission equipment. Connectivity between UA5000 and EFS board(Metro1000 SDH) can work.
Uplink connectivity service has problem between Metro1000 SDH and Metro3000 - Metro5000, BRAS gateway interface can not be reached.