Huawei Engineer was inserting a new node into a RPR ring so; the following steps must be followed:
1. Create new NE at T2000; the new NE and using N2EGR2 board.
2. Upload NE.
3. Select the RPR node ID for the new node, (It must be different to other NE nodes. Discontinuity also can use, such as 7 or 8).
Function interface: NE Explorer � select N2EGR2 board � Configuration � RPR Management � Topology Information.
4. Create SDH traffic at NE, it needs connect with other two border NEs.
5. At NE, create bidding path for N2EGR2;
Function interface: NE Explorer -> N2EGR2 -> Configuration -> Ethernet Interface Management -> Ethernet Interface, select “Internal Port -> Bound Path”
The VCTRUNK1 should be associated with the odd VC4 number and the VCTRUNK 2 should be associated with the even VC4 number.
6. Remove original logical fibers on the NMS between the two nodes where the new node is going to be inserted, once this is completed then disconnect the physical fibers on the node sites.
7. Use the SDH Trail search
Function interface: Main Menu -> “Trail” -> “SDH trail search”
8. Ethernet trail search;
Function interface: Main Menu “Trail” -> “Ethernet trail search”
Huawei Engineer selected Search for RPR; however the new RPR configuration with the new node did not appear.
For finding a new RPR configuration, during the Ethernet trail search, the "Search for RPR" and the “Search for Trunk Link” option must be selected, in that way the new RPR configuration will be found successfully.
For the RPR configuration in the NMS the trunk link is an important part from the Function interface: Main Menu -> “RPR” -> “Management” ->Link Information