A new SCC board for a Metro1000V3 was tested in laboratory after a software upgrade successfully and download a script, I did look that the NE did not display alarms but all services were configured correctly. The board type is ss46scbc02.
1. After I downloaded a script to the SCC board, the equipment lost it's alarm information.
2. I did check the alarm reversion and supression parameters but it were disable.
3. I did verify through Navigator the current alarms on the NE but the result was NULL.
4. I made a hard reset to the board without solving problem.
5. Then I sent with Navigator :alm-init command but the problem persist (this step probably was unnecessary due to the SCC board was new).
6. After that, I did initialize the database of the board with :dbms-delete-all:drdb,fdb0 and :dbms-delete-all:drdb,fdb1 and then the alarms were refreshed.
7. I download again the script, all relationed alarms appeared.
Before you use a spare board in a maintenance window its recommended to verify with some test that the alarms are enabled to prevent future problems on site. Maybe the spare board was returned by other customer without problems but with the database used.