In OSN 6800 there is one GE service configured between two adjacent ROADM sites (for example Site A & B).
Both sites used L4G board and installed same slot 103(slave subrack1).After configuring GE services in both sites, the service is not up and also no alarm.
To change the service mode from OTN to SDH or vice versa the following steps need:
Step1: first delete electrical cross connection service.
Step2: Change the service mode(OTN/SDH).
Step3: Again create the electrical cross connection service.
Step4: Chek the DCC Management. In communication status of L4G board is "Normal".
Now GE service is ok.
1. Check the internal fiber connection and optical power. It’s normal.
2. Check the Ethernet interface configuration of L4G board in both sites. It’s ok.
3. Check the Electrical layer cross connection of both NE. it’s identical and ok.
4. Check the optical layer cross connection of two NE. it’s also same and ok.
5. Check the WDM interface of L4G in two sites. In site A the service mode is "OTN" and Site B service mode is "SDH".
Its not same. But it should be same in both sites.
For GE service configuration in L4G board, service mode must be same. Its either OTN or SDH