At SUN workstation, you can query the system date and time by the date command, but how to change it?
1. The date command can only be used by the superuser;
2. When changing the time of operating system, you must shut down the NM server. Never change the system time when the NMS is running;
3. Utilization form of date command:
1) When only changing the time, switch to the superuser and execute #date hhmm.ss. For example, change the time as 9:43:45 with execution as follows:
2) When changing the date and time, apply the format: #date [-u] mmddHHMM[[cc]yy][.SS]. For example, change the system time as 11:23:15of June 28, 2007, with the format as follows:
Using the date command, you can check the result as 11:23:15, Thursday, June 28, 2007. Do not write as date 0628112315, or the year will be 1970.