When the extended subrack is powered on, the SCC housed in the extended subrack of the OptiX OSN 6800 reports the power_fail alarm with 0x05, 0xff, and 0xff.
1. Refer to the OptiX OSN 6800 Intelligent Optical Transport Platform Alarms and Performance Events Manual. The parameter 0x05 indicates that the battery on the SCC has no power.
2. The possible causes are as follows:
3. Refer to the OptiX OSN 6800 Intelligent Optical Transport Platform Hardware Description. There is a three-bit jumper inside the SCC. It is used to switch on or off the power supplied by the battery on the board. When the board is in normal use, the jumper cap should be installed onto the two pins that are close to the board edge.
4. Remove the SCC. Check the DIP switch. It is found the DIP switch is improperly set. Set the DIP switch properly, and then reinsert the SCC. The alarm disappears.
Attached find the proper DIP switch setting.
1. The battery on the SCC has low power.
2. The DIP switch is improperly set.
3. The SCC fails.