An OptiX OSN 2500 NE is synchronized with the T2000 of version V200R004C01 in the GMT+8 time zone after being upgraded from version V100R003 to version V100R006. Alarms from the NE, however, are stamped with the time eight hours earlier than the local time.
1. Upload the data on the OptiX OSN 2500 NE to the T2000 after upgrading it from version V100R003 to version V100R006. This informs the T2000 that the NE supports time localization.
2. Check the time zone settings of the NEs using the :mon-get-timezone command or in the NE Time Localization Management interface. The default is GMT+8.
3. In this way, the NE time is properly displayed.
1. Time localization is available in the OptiX OSN 2500 of version V100R006 but unavailable in the OptiX OSN 2500 of version V100R003. In the case of the OptiX OSN 2500 V100R006, the Navigator returns all command results with a local time stamp. Alarms and performance events also carry a local time stamp. The time command, however, returns universal time coordinated (UTC) time. The set-time command also sets UTC time rather than local time.
2. UTC refers to the Greenwich Mean Time (also called the GMT+0 time zone). As UTC provides the absolute time, most communication standards follow the UTC. UTC time can be converted into local time based on the local time zone.
3. Time localization is also available in the T2000 of version V200R004 or any later version. The T2000 stores most data with a UTC time stamp. The T2000 communicates with the NEs with time localization by UTC time. The foreground of the T2000 converts the UTC time into the local time (of the T2000 server or client). The T2000 communicates with the NEs without time localization by the local time of the T2000.
4. Therefore, the T2000 must know the time localization capability and time zone of an NE. The T2000 knows the time localization capability of the NE when the data on an NE is created or uploaded. Assume that the data on the NE is not uploaded after an NE is upgraded from an earlier version without time localization to a version with time localization. The T2000 considers that the NE does not support time localization. The T2000 synchronizes the NE with the local time. The NE, however, mistakes the local time for UTC time. Thus, the NE time becomes wrong.
5. Choose System Administration > NE Time Localization Management in the T2000. The NE Time Localization Management interface is displayed. View the time zone settings of NEs in the interface. If the time zone setting of an NE is modifiable, the T2000 considers that the NE supports time localization. Conversely, if the time zone setting of an NE is unmodifiable, the T2000 considers that the NE does not support time localization.
Perform the following steps after upgrading the OptiX OSN 2500 from version V100R003 (without time localization) to version V100R006 (with time localization):
1. Upload the data of the OptiX OSN 2500 to the T2000. In this way, the settings of the NE are updated on the T2000.
2. Check the time zone setting of the OptiX OSN 2500.