The NE80E is connected to the TACACS server. TACACS authentication is adopted for NE80E telnet. The TACACS sever is the software ACS V3.3 of Manufacturer C.
After the software runs for a period of time, TACACS authentication for NE80E telnet fails.
1. Check the TACACS configuration on the NE80E. The configuration is correct.
2. Ping the TACACS server from the NE80E and vice versa. The TACACS server and the NE80E can be pinged successfully. This indicates that the IP layer is OK. It is doubted that the routing policy denies authentication packets. Check the routing policy configuration. No exception is found.
3. Enable AAA debugging on the NE80E. The debugging information is as follows:
*Jul 6 15:30:02 W01-S1-XFDJ-NE80E TAC/8/Event:statistics: transmit flag:1, server flag: 2,packet flag:0xff
*Jul 6 15:30:02 W01-S1-XFDJ-NE80E TAC/8/Event: Tac send packet error!
version:c0 type:3 sequence:1 flag:0 session id:16181 length:101 sendResult:ffffffe0
*Jul 6 15:30:02 W01-S1-XFDJ-NE5000E TAC/8/Event:Send acct packet fail, TCP error.
*Jul 6 15:30:02 W01-S1-XFDJ-NE5000E TAC/8/Event:No useful server.
*Jul 6 15:30:02 W01-S1-XFDJ-NE5000E TAC/8/Event:Can not find a valid server when send acct packet fail.
No valid server can be found.
4. Check the history information of the TACACS server. "The period for trial use expires" is prompted. After the official version of the TACACS server is installed, the problem is solved.
The possible causes are as follows:
1. The TACACS configuration on the NE80E is incorrect.
2. The routing policy denies authentication packets.
3. The TACACS server itself has defects.
You are recommended to solve such problems by viewing debugging information.