What are the differences between the LPUF-10 and LPUF-20 in the NE80E?
The LPUF-10 and LPUF-20 are flexible line processing units launched for the NE80E. The major differences between them are as follows:
1. The LPUF-10 is a 10-Gbps flexible line processing unit based on the 2805 network processor and the switching capacity is 10 Gbps. The LPUF-20 is a 20-Gbps flexible line processing unit based on the SD588 network processor and the switching capacity is 20 Gbps.
2. The LPUF-10 provides four half-height, half-width card slots and supports card hot-swapping. The LPUF-20 provides two full-height, half-width card slots and does not support card hot-swapping.
3. The maximum bandwidth that the whole LPUF-10 supports is 10 Gbps. When the total bandwidth of ports exceeds 10 Gbps, no port supports wire speed. The maximum bandwidth that the whole LPUF-20 supports is 20 Gbps. When the total bandwidth of ports exceeds 20 Gbps, not all ports support line speed.
4. The LPUF-10 supports POS interfaces, Ethernet interfaces, and ATM interfaces, whereas the LPUF-20 supports only GE interfaces.
5. The cards of the LPUF-10 is incompatible with those of LPUF-20.
6. The 10-Gbps POS interface on the LPUF-10 supports a full-height card. POS interface cards and ATM interface cards are non-convergence cards whereas GE interface cards are convergence cards. The bandwidth of non-convergence cards on one LPUF-10 cannot exceed 10 Gbps.