IPMA board can not connect to BRAS. Physical link connectivity is OK and port status is online.
BRAS can not be accessed and all subscriber services are broken
Service connectivity is as follows
UA5000 (IPMA) --> EFS board, FE port (Metro1000 SDH) --> EFS board (Metro3000) --> EGS2 board, GE port (Metro5000) --> BRAS (GE port)
FAN Block Alarm at Merto1000 SDH
Board Bad alarm at EFS card.
IPMA card is offline
IPMA cannot ping to BRAS.
- Check the BRAS configuration by remote login and no issue found.
- Check the cable connection between UA5000 and Metro1000V3 SDH. Found OK.
- Check the configuration of UA5000. Found OK.
- Check the port status of UA5000. Observed OK.
- Ask Transmission engineer to check the transmission configuration. Transmission engineer reported that all service configuration is ok.
- Physically checked the SDH and felt very high temperature of SDH and its cards panel.
- Ask transmission engineer to check card health. High temperature alarm found at EFS card and SDH.
- removed the SDH on transmission engineer instructions and removed the EFS card.
- EFS card was extremly hot. We keep it under room temperature for half an hour and let its temperature normalized.
- Also removed the fans plate of SDH and cleaned. Reinstall the fan flate and found that 2 out of three fans started working.
- Installed the EFS card when it cooled to normal temperature and ask Transmission engineer to check EFS card. He reported that card is normal.
- Check the IPMA card and ping the BRAS, BRAS is successfully connected.
- Check the subscribers state, subscribers are using ADSL service smoothly.
Excess dust blockage caused SDH internal cooling fan faulty which was not timely reported and resolved which resilts EFS card software hanged due to very high temperature.
- SDH FAN alarms should not be neglected. It can be service effecting, if ignored. Also, it can damage the cards as well.
- Temperature alarms of equipments should also not ignored.