A carrier claims that shortly after one of the two NE80Es in a new MAN is powered on, the temperature alarm occurs on this NE80E. Because the air-conditioning in the equipment room is old and inadequate and the user has cleaned the dust filter, the possible reason is over-high temperature. Then the air-conditioning is replaced with a new one, but the temperature alarm still occurs. The alarm does not disappear even if the dust filter is removed from the NE80E. The possible reason is a hardware problem because the ambient temperature is low and the dust filter is removed.
The alarm LED on the front panel of the main control board of the master NE80E remains constantly on. Display the temperature alarms by using the display alarm all command. A lot of alarms are shown.
1. Check the device. There is no hardware failure.
2. The problem may be caused by the dust filter. The location of the dust filter in the new NE80E frame is different from that in the old frame. The dust filter of the old frame stands up at the air inlet of the NE80E; however, the dust filter of the new frame is horizontally inserted into the frame and is not obvious to see.
3. Confirm that the NE80E uses the new frame. Remove the dust filter. Then the temperature alarms disappear. Clean and dry the dust filter, insert it back into the frame. The temperature of the NE80E is normal.
1. When the ambient temperature is normal, the most possible reasons for the temperature alarm are blocked dust filter and hardware failure.
2. When the dust filter is removed, the most possible reason for the temperature alarm is hardware failure.
In this case, the user does not know the location change of the dust filter, and therefore the real dust filter is not cleaned. The blocked dust filter causes the over-high temperature.
To prevent such problems, pay attention to the updated installation manual.