1. Due to meet the network system requirement, customer need to change and configure interface ethernet of AR18-33E for IP configuration and sub-interface.
2. When trying to configure , customer have this problem :-
a) Unable to assign IP to ethernet 1/1, 1/2 & 1/3 interface.
b) Unable to create sub-interface on ethernet 1/1, 1/2 & 1/3 interfaces.
Software version : VRP(R) software, Version 3.30, Release RT-0015
1. Suggest to configure the interface Ethernet 1/0 to create sub-interfaces and assign each sub-interface with IP address.
2. Interface Ethernet 1/0 can support up to 256 sub-interfaces can be created.
3. Each sub-interfaces must be liaised with VLAN protocol.
1. AR1833E are classifies as Huawei Mid-Low End Router, for this model only interface Ethernet 1/0 can support the IP function and sub-interface, the remaining interfaces Ethernet 1/1, Ethernet 1/2 and Ethernet 1/3 are not supported.
2. The remaining 3 interfaces are Layer 2 Lanswitch port. Layer 2 port type has a limited function.
3. Only Ethernet 1/0 is a Layer 3 port. Layer 3 port can support IP and sub-interfaces.