The N2000 BMS server of the customer collapses and gets infected by viruses, which requires the reinstallation of the operating system (OS). In this case, how to reinstall the OS on DELL server on the premise that the important data in the original hard disk partitions is saved?
On the original operation guide, the OS can be reinstalled only after all hard disk partitions are formatted, which fails to save the important data in other hard disk partitions rather than the system disk. The steps for reinstalling the OS on DELL server on the premise that the important data in the original hard disk partitions is saved are as follows:
1. Make a floppy disk storing the driver of hard disk controller.
Call the DELL technical support hotline, or visit the DELL technical support website (http://support1.ap.dell.com/cn) to determine the model of hard disk controller for the server. Use the delivered Dell Open Manage Server Assistant (CD-ROM), or download the hard disk controller driver from the DELL technical support website. Format a floppy disk and store the hard disk controller driver to root directory of the floppy disk.
2. Press and hold F2 during the power on self test to enter the BIOS mode. Set the primary boot sequence to CD_ROM.
3. Load the installation CD-ROM to the CD-ROM drive, and boot the server with the CD-ROM.
1) When the prompt "Press F6 if you need to install a third party SCSI or RAID driver" is displayed at the bottom of the screen, press F6 to halt the self test of the hardware, and specify the driver for the hardware from a third party.
2) After F6 is pressed, the installer continues to load modules. This is normal. After a while, the following prompt is displayed “Setup could not determine the type of one or more mass storage devices installed in your system, or you have chosen to manually specify an adaptor.” Press S to load the specified device driver.
3) Insert the floppy disk storing the driver of hard disk controller, and then press Enter. In the device list, you can find a configuration item for the hard disk controller, press Enter to highlight it.
4) After the copy is finished, the installer returns to the device list interface. Make sure the PERC driver is in the list, and then press Enter to continue.
4. You can reinstall the OS by formatting the system disk only.