In one day and at the commissioning processing the Customer on site failure to upgrade the two SSN1GSCC boards because it download the miss files and then reset the board, and this result the SCC running in the NEBIOS:
“NEBIOS is running. Download NESOFT please!”
* Board Indicators:
The Board Indicators as the following:
- PROG: On-OFF Flashing for near 2 or 3 minute “Site login”, then the flash is on Flashing for small time so the site is logout.
- Others indicators is off.
- Then it makes reset and logout.
So the engineer only can inter to the sites for small times (Near to 3 minutes or less).
* VERSION-INFORMATION "Old"
* VERSION-INFORMATION "New"
NEBIOS is running. Download NESOFT please!
This problem happening by miss operation or wrong steps, and than reset the board and this result the software of the SCC board is lost and the NE running in the BIOS state.
* Solution steps before format:
1. Try to re-download the software.
2. If you fail to download so try to make copy from the other board that work normal.
3. Because the two boards is losing the software by miss operation or wrong steps and fail to re-download again the software, so the better solution is make format for the boards and copy the software from other board that work normal.
* Format process Steps:
This step means delete the database and the software of the SCC Board and then the SCC board will run in the BIOS state.
1. In the J11 &J12 jumpers of the SSN1GSCC insert the jumper caps to all 4 pins to set J11&J12= 1111.
2. Insert the SCC board for 10 min, and then remove the SCC board and jumper caps.
3. At last, insert the SCC board back to the NE sub-rack.
* Software Copy Steps: (Please check in attachment)
1. In BIOS state and by the Navigator copy the software from the new board to the board that needs to load the software. So let the board that has problem in slot 17 & the board that work normal and need to copy the software from it in slot 18.
2. Copy the OFS1 files from the normal board to the board that running in the BIOS Stat.
3. Copy the OFS2 files: This need to copy also from the ofs2 of the normal board to the board that has problem.
4. Wait 10 minutes, so the Indictor will start and the result is ok.
1. Triad to login the NE but we could not because the board is reset periodically.
2. Triad to download the software version by Navigator or T2000 but the result also fails, so this means no way to download the software again.
3. So after we contacted with the GTAC, they suggested making format for the SCC boards and then re-downloading the Software.
4. So at this time we make the format for only one board and the result was: all indicators are in off state and the PROG in RED state, but also we could not download or login the site. And no way to download the Software.
5. So I sent other new SCC board to the Team on-site and they installed this new board and now we can login the site, but for the two boards that have problem the NE work in the BIOS Stat, and no way to download the Software as the suggestion.
6. So I let the team on-site to make format for the board and then copy the new software from the new board that had upgraded to the board that have problem and the result was success.
1. At the upgrade steps it not need to make reset for the board if you not sure from the files that downloaded.
2. If you fail to upgrade the SCC so try again to load.
3. If you can not load again the Software and the board is reset so try to copy the software from other normal board.
4. If you can not copy the software from other normal board so make Format for the board and then copy the software from other normal board.