The interconnection between the EFS board of the OptiX OSN 3500 and the SECX48 board of company C fails. The NE software version of the OptiX OSN 3500 is 126.96.36.199. The hardware version of the S385 of company Z is PCB20040602 and its software version is V1.00.010. The parameter of the SECX48 board is 8*FE+1*GE. Eight VC-4 channels are available for the configuration of the bandwidth. The board supports the virtual concatenation of VC-12, VC-3, and VC-4. The 48 internal ports support the 48:1 convergence. The board supports the transparent transmission and switching at the same time.
1. The engineers enable the LCAS function, set the scrambling mode to X43+1, set the check byte to NONE, set the internal and external ports to ACCESS, and set the default VLID to 1. But the service fails and there is no RMON performance event.
2. The engineers perform a loopback at the first 2M port. Company Z provides the feedback that the ring is visible, but cannot be detected by the meter. After company Z handles related problems (the problem is unknown), the interconnection succeeds.
3. The engineers test five 2 Mbit/s ports in the same configurations as in step 1. The service is available.
4. The engineers configure 632 Mbit/s ports in the same configuration as in step 1. The service is available, but the alarm on the unavailability of part LCAS channels is reported. Company Z provides the feedback that they receive the same alarm. In addition, company Z also states that the 100 Mbit/s port needs only 502 Mbit/s ports and 632 Mbits channel are too many. Certain channels are unused. Hence, the situation wherein the service is not unavailable is normal.
5. The engineers configure the pass-through for the VC-4 and use three VC-3 bindings in the OptiX OSN 3500. The service is available. The configuration is the same as that in step 1.
6. The engineers test the Gigabit port. The engineers bind the VC-4 to the EGT6 of the OptiX OSN 9500 in the central office, enable the LCAS function, set the scrambling mode to X43+1, and set the check field to None. The service is available. However, the field engineer cannot test the optical port. The engineers perform the inloop by using the MAC port. The RMON performance of Huawei is normal. The service of Company Z is normal by using the SMTBITS.
7. In the interconnection, the configuration of the overhead bytes has no effect on the interconnection. When the C2 and J2 bytes are inconsistent, the OptiX OSN 3500 inserts all “1”s. After the S385 of company Z confirms the inconsistency of the C2 and J2 bytes, it also inserts all “1”s.
1. The overheads of the two boards do not match.
2. The encapsulation formats used by the two boards are different.
3. The parameter configuration is incorrect.
In the interconnection with the equipment of company Z, it is suggested to configure the loopback to determine whether an interconnection failure is caused by board interconnection or other problems.