The data board N2EFS0 of the OptiX OSN 3500 is interconnected to the data board of company A. The configured service is the EPL service and the bound bandwidth is one 2 Mbit/s port. After the configuration, the service is accessible by using the ping command and no alarm is reported in the OptiX OSN 3500. The NE software version is 126.96.36.199P01.
1. The engineers check the service configuration and find that the service configuration is normal. The engineers then deliver the service to the data board of the Huawei equipment. The service is accessible by using the ping command. Hence, the engineers concluded that the problem is not caused by the data board or service configuration.
2. The engineers check the encapsulation protocols. The encapsulation protocols used by the data boards of Huawei and company A are the same GFP. The J2 and V5 overhead bytes are correct and no alarm on mismatching is generated.
3. The engineers check the LCAS function. The function is disabled in the Huawei data board and enabled in the data board of company A. The engineers disable the LCAS function in the board of company A. Then, the service restores normal.
The possible causes are as follows:
1. The encapsulation protocol is incorrect.
2. The overhead bytes do not match.
3. The LCAS function is enabled.
4. Other configuration reasons.
The LCAS function is disabled in the data board of Huawei OptiX OSN 3500 and is enabled in the data board of company A by default. Engineers should pay special attention to the LCAS function in the interconnection.