The OSN 6800 equipment is used in a ring network. Services travel between two points in the ring configured with the ODU1-SNCP protection realized by using the TQM+2×NS2 board combination. The NE software is of version 188.8.131.52. If the client service type of the TQM board is set to STM-16, after the relevant electrical cross-connection and timeslot binding are configured, the protection group frequently reports the ODU1-SNCP-PS alarm. If the client service type of the TQM board is set to ANY, the ODU1-SNCP-PS alarm is not reported. When the fault occurred, the TQM board reported the client-sf and RLOS alarms though the board did not access client services regardless of the client service type setting.
1. Confirm that the client side of the TQM accesses services, and the electrical cross-connection, timeslot binding, and protection configuration are correct.
2. If the client service type is set to STM-16 whereas no service is accessed, the situation described in the problem description is normal.
3. The solution to the problem is: Deactivate services. When the client side of the board accesses services, activate the services or lock the protection switching.
1. When the client side of the TQM board accesses STM-16 services, the LP1 logic channel needs to be bound with 16 timeslots. One ODU1 has a total of only 16 timeslots. If the TQM board reports the client-sf alarm at this moment, the protection group determines that all the 16 timeslots of the ODU1 of the TQM board are invalid, whereby triggering the ODU1-SNCP protection switching.
2. Because the NS2 board and the cross-connect board cannot detect the status of the payload area, the detection point is on the TQM board. That is, the ODU1 payload status of the working and protection channels of the NS2 board cannot be detected at the same time. The TQM board can detect the ODU1 payload status of only the working channel. The protection channel is detected abnormal only when the TQM board reports the alarm after the protection group is switched to the protection channel. In this case, the protection group is switched back to the working channel, and so on and so forth. As a result, the protection switching frequently occurs.
3. When the client side of the TQM board accesses ANY services such as GE, STM-4, and STM-1, they are configured in timeslots 7, 4, and 1. If the TQM board reports the client-sf alarm, the protection group determines that some rather than all of the timeslots are invalid. Hence, the ODU1-SNCP protection switching is not triggered, and the preceding switching alarm does not exist.
Be familiar with the trigger conditions of the ODU1-SNCP protection switching.