What features do the Eth-Trunk interfaces of the NE40E and NE80E have?
The Eth-Trunk interfaces of the NE40E and NE80E of V5.30 have the following features:
1. On each router, at most 64 Trunk interfaces (including Eth-Trunk and IP-Trunk interfaces) can be created. Under each Trunk interface, there are at most 16 physical links.
2. The Trunk interfaces support the configuration of IP addresses. The member ports of a Trunk interface can borrow the IP address of the Trunk interface.
3. The Trunk interfaces support Layer 2 forwarding, MPLS forwarding, and Layer 3 forwarding (unicast and multicast). In the course of forwarding, the Trunk interfaces support the flow-based load balancing realized through the hash algorithm.
4. The Trunk interfaces support QoS based on physical ports, but they do not support QoS based on logical ports.
5. The Trunk interfaces support MPLS and binding of the VPN instance.
6. The Trunk interfaces support hot backup and hot swap.
7. The Trunk interfaces support cross-board binding. PE and GE ports can be put under the same Eth-Trunk interface.
8. Before a physical port is added to the Trunk interface, no service can be configured under the physical port.
9. A physical port can be put under only a Trunk interface. If the port needs to be attached to another Trunk interface, it must be detached from the original Trunk interface.
10. Trunk interfaces do not support nesting. That is, the member ports must be either Eth-Trunk or IP-Trunk.
11. For Eth-Trunk interfaces, the member ports cannot be configured with the auto-negotiation attribute or permanent or static MAC addresses.
12. The mac-address command can be used only when the Eth-Trunk interface is on Layer 3.
13. The max bandwidth-affected-linknumber command can be used only when the Eth-Trunk interface is on Layer 2.