When the MA5100 is added to the N2000 BMS, the N2000 BMS prompts the communication failure of the device. The MA5100 fails to be added.
The N2000 BMS prompts the communication failure of the device.
1. Ping the IP address of the MA5100. The operation is successful. Hence, the problem is not caused by the communication failure between the N2000 BMS and the MA5100.
2. Query the MA5100 process through the SysMonitor, and it is found that the MA5100 process runs normally. Add other NEs to the N2000 BMS. The operation is successful. Hence, the problem is not caused by the N2000 BMS.
3. Log in to the MA5100 manually, and it is found that the system prompts too many users. The problem is traced to too many accounts that log in to the MA5100 or the user account is deadlocked. After the users are disconnected automatically by the system, you can log in to the MA5100 and the MA5100 can be added.
After the analysis, the possible causes are as follows:
1. The MA5100 fails to communicate with the N2000 BMS.
2. The process of the MA5100 is faulty.