Login to the first extended subrack (the LED indicator of the SCC is shown as 1) of the OptiX OSN 6800 fails. Query the board indicators of the subrack. It is found that the indicators except the STAT indicator of all the boards (including the AUX) are always on, whereas the STAT indicator of the SCC is normal.
1. Query the indicators of the current subrack, and it is found that only the PWR indicator is on and the three alarm indicators are off. This indicates that the subrack is working normally.
2. Insert the SCC of the current subrack into another subrack. Login to that subrack is successful. This indicates that the SCC works normally.
3. Check other conditions on the site:
1) There are two cabinets on the site, each having two subracks. The ETH ports of the subracks in each cabinet are connected to each other by using an Ethernet cable, but the two cabinets are not physically connected to each other.
2) The DIP switches on the AUX of the two subracks in the first cabinet are set to 0 and 1 respectively, and those of the second cabinet are set to 1 and 2 respectively.
4. The cause of the fault is identified: The two subracks of the second cabinet are all defined as standby subracks as per the settings of the DIP switch on the AUX, but they are not connected to the active subrack (because the two cabinets are not physically connected to each other). As a result, login to both subracks in the second cabinet fails. In addition, the boards at the optical layer do not work because of a failure to get configuration information from the active subrack. Thus, all the indicators except the STAT are always on.
5. Change the setting of the DIP switch on the AUX of one of the subracks in the second cabinet to 0, and the subrack can be logged into successfully. Another solution is to change the setting of the DIP switch on the AUX of the second cabinet from 1 to 3 and then connect the two cabinets by using an Ethernet cable.
The DIP switch on the AUX is set improperly. As a result, direct login to the standby subrack fails.