the link switchover problem of Alcatel MSAN HEADEND when connected to Net Engine 40E (hereafter referred to as NE40E). MSAN HEADEND does not send a Gratuitous ARP message after switchover and causing the communication to be lost.
1) Discuss with customer and Alcatel engineer about the result.
2) Alcatel insert the EIO card into MSAN HEADEND to bring up the other physical interfaces.
3) Problem resolved.
1. R1, and R2 connectivity is fine to MSAN HEADEND.
2. R1 has an ARP entry on LPU7, pointing out to Gig7/0/2 interface in order to reach Alcatel MSAN HEADEND (MAC+IP). R2 has an ARP entry on LPU3, pointing out to Eth-Trunk interface in order to reach Alcatel MSAN HEADEND (MAC+IP).
3. After we disconnect the active link between NE40E and MSAN, R1 does not delete its ARP entry on LPU7 even the interface is physically down. And R2 still have the same old entry
4. After VRRP switchover between the active and standby links of MSAN HEADEND; MSAN HEADEND should send a Gratuitous ARP packet so R1 and R2 update their ARP Table but it does not.
5. Port mirroring has configured and do not received any Gratuitous ARP from MSAN HEADEND to trigger the ARP aging time after active link is disconnected. ARP table still remain same until time aging expire or Ping action performed.