During the commissioning of the site and its optical link. The OSN1500 optical interface SSN2SLO1Software Version : 4.13 report an alarm IN_PWR_ABN. The OSN1500 is interconnected to RTN620 using SD1 card Software Version : 1.0 which is installed on the same cabinet. After getting the optical performance of SD1 card it shows a TPLCUR of -60.00dBm.
1. Check the patch cord using light source it was normal.
2. Query the optical performance, after getting transmit power of -60.00dBm. we make sure the optical laser was activated.
3. Check the SFP module of the card,swap it with working SFP and the IN_PWR_ABN was solved. The problem was the SFP module of the card was faulty.
1. Check the patch cord between two interconnected equipment
2. Check if the optical power laser of the board was disable
3. Check the optical performance of the card. Normally any types of optical card should not have -60.00dBm transmit power.
4. Check the SFP module of the optical card.