Q:How to find out the reason for unable to call certain numbers via the MSAN 5600T ?The MSAN is configured for VOIP ( SIP protocol ) to carry voice traffic.
A:The following is the steps taken to identify the problem.
1) make the call to the number that you cannot dial
2) Hear what message ( tones ) you are getting (i.e busy tone , engaged tone etc)
3) Look at the "SIP INVITE" message to see if the invite message has got all the digits that you have pressed on the handset.
4) If the 'INVITE" message does not have the correct digits than the solution is described below
There could be 2 reasons ,
1) The number being dialled has no routes in the soft switch
2) The MA5600T truncates the numbers according to the digitmap confiuration.
First of all let me explain that in a SIP environment in the MA5600T device , the dial codes are controlled by the "SIP DIGITMAP ". This contains all the possible combintation of numbers a customer can dial for a particular country. Different contrries habe different number ranges and access codes.
So in oredr to fix this issue with the customer , we noticed in the "SIP INVITE" message we were not receiving the digits that the customer was pressing on their handset.
Modify the SIP digitmap file "digitmap.efs' to include the number range.