4XNE80E are connected to each other.
NE80E A<------>NE80E B
| | | |
| | | |
NE80E C<------>NE80E D
Eth-Trunk : fiber cable: pair W and pair X aggregate as Eth-Trunk A (NE80E A to connect to NE80E C)
Eth-Trunk : fiber cable: pair Y and pair Z aggregate as Eth-Trunk B(NE80E B to connect to NE80E D)
Two NE80E software version is V3R1 and the other two NE80E software version is V3R2. 4xNE80E is connected to the equipments such like LAN switch, UMG, firewall and etc.
- Customer has performed life network failover which pull out a single fiber cable from eth-trunk A. They are facing traffic disconnection more than 3 min.
- NGN equipments such like SHLR, IGW are generating alarm which facing network connectivity problem.
- Traffic never recover more than 3 minutes.
- Configure the BFD with PST mode.
- Try to perform failover again, no packet drop.
- BFD convergence approximately 50ms.
- Huawei engineer received the feedback from customer after customer perform this test.
- Corresponding to customer and co-ordinate to arrange one night to perform full network failover testing.
- Pull out single of pair fiber cable W which aggregate under Eth-Trunk A and perform continuos ping - Packet drop and never recover back when traffic pass through eth-trunk A
- display ospf peer - found the ospf peer under full state.
- Anaylisis the root cause which traffic is transmit per flow and not per packet.
- Traffic are transmitted through a pair fiber cable W and single fiber has been pull out. But OSPF hello packet are transmitted through another pair fiber cable which is pair X.
- When pull the single fiber of pair W, OSPF peer still under full state and OSPF peer aging never convergence. Hello packet still send through pair X but traffic are transmitt through pair W. This is the reason why SHLR and IGW generating the network alarm.