Networking: ME60―S8016―Transmission device―Switch―User
The PPPoE user fails to dial up online. Error code 678 is displayed.
1. Tracert the user MAC address. The information displayed shows that a PADI packet is received, and a PADO packet is sent out.
2. Another user connected to the interface can go online. Therefore, the device configurations are correct.
3. Capture packets on the downstream interface of the S8016. The result shows that the PADO packet is sent. But the user does not receive the packet. The packet is discarded during transmission.
Check the transmission configurations. The MTU on the transmission device is 64 bytes. The PADO packet is less than 64 bytes, and therefore is discarded.
There are two solutions. One is to change the MTU. The other is to change the PADO packet size on the ME60. To change the MTU is inconvenient. In addition, there is no command for modifying the PADO packet size on the ME60. The AC_NAME field in the PADO packet is filled with the device name of the ME60. To solve the problem, change the device name of the ME60.
1. Link problem
2. Incorrect ME60 configurations
3. Incorrect configurations of the downstream device